The New York State Juvenile Justice Advisory Group (JJAG) is a board of juvenile justice experts from across New York State that is charged with supervising the preparation and administration of New York State’s federal juvenile justice and delinquency prevention plan. Our website is a home for comprehensive New York State juvenile justice information. It is designed to share what we know about the New York State juvenile justice system; provide information about legal, policy and funding developments; offer convenient access to the training provided at JJAG sponsored events; and enhance transparency in the JJAG’s work to promote accountability, effectiveness, and innovation in New York State’s juvenile justice system.
- The NYS Juvenile Justice Advisory Group (JJAG) recently authorized the development of a Request for Applications (RFA) to support priorities identified by the Regional Youth Justice Teams representing nine NYS regions. Each region is eligible for up to $100,000 to implement strategies that will further New York State’s goal to promote public safety through the reduction of juvenile crime. Applicants can be lead entities of the teams or other organizations identified by the lead entity to coordinate the application and administer the resulting awards. Grant award agreements will be for an 18-month period starting on or about November 1, 2014. The application deadline is 12:00 Noon, Friday, August 15, 2014.
- For RFA details please click the link: http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/ofpa/newrfp.htm.
- Click here to access information from Bidder Conference Webinar: Support for Regional Youth Justice Teams Priorities.
- Regional Youth Justice Team Updates
- New Regional Youth Justice Teams have been formed to further implement New York State’s strategic plan for juvenile justice (Safe Communities, Successful Youth: A Shared Vision for the New York State Juvenile Justice System).Each team has had its initial regional meeting as the second round of meetings are currently under way. The statewide Regional Youth Justice Teams are:
- Capital Region Next Meeting: August 19, 2014
- Central New York Next Meeting: September 17, 2014
- Finger Lakes Next Meeting: September 12, 2014
- Long Island Next Meeting: August 21, 2014
- Mid-Hudson Next Meeting: September 17, 2014
- Mohawk Valley Next Meeting: September 15, 2014
- New York City Next Meeting: September 18, 2014
- North Country Next Meeting: TBD
- Western New York Next Meeting: September 25, 2014
If you are interested in becoming part of a regional team, click on the links above to identify which region your county is a part of, and who your team liaison is. Please contact the appropriate liaison for detailed meeting information.
NEW RFA Available